The Professional Business Diploma.
This is a unique one year course renowned as the ultimate training for students who are looking for a fast track into an exciting career within any role in any business sector.
- You will learn through a variety of classes, tutorials and group work every day Monday – Friday. With 21 hours contact time per week this is nothing like university!
- Business simulations and problem-solving challenges on the course will give you an insight into how businesses work. They are fun and very popular with students.
- With your increasing confidence and capability you will complete a work experience week as part of your diploma. We work very closely with recruitment agencies who will find you the company that suits you best.
- Throughout the year you will be able to hear presentations by inspirational speakers representing different business sectors. They will give you an insight into the different roles you could try at the outset of your successful career.
You will graduate with advanced practical workplace skills and an understanding of how the world of business works. A combination of these and excellent soft skills will make you highly employable and an immensely valuable member of any team.
- Document creation to a very high standard using Microsoft Word including mail merge, macros, tables of contents, etc.
- Problem solving with Microsoft Excel including IF statements, Lookups, Pivot Tables, etc.
- Creation of professional presentation decks using Microsoft PowerPoint including slide masters, title masters, hyperlinks, etc.
- Database marketing using databases including queries, reports, forms, etc.
- Diary, email, and contact management using Microsoft Outlook.
- Written, oral, and nonverbal communication including report writing, meeting procedures, press releases, etc.
- Monitoring and forecasting skills using the company’s management information systems including processing systems and methods, legal issues, decision support systems, etc.
- Financial report writing skills, including an analysis of the FTSE 100, financial markets, the effects of leadership, etc.
- Project Management skills, including research, internal and external implications, reporting, etc.
- Online marketing methods, including the 7 Ps of marketing and customer relationship management (CRM)
- Social media marketing, search engine optimisation (SEO), mobile marketing, content marketing, pay per click advertising (PPC), analytics and insights, cloud computing, etc.
- Campaign planning and budgeting across all social media platforms
- Business analysis including SWOT, SLEPTE, and PESTEL
- A weekly review of what has been happening in the fast moving world of social media.
- Advanced level in all Microsoft Office packages
- Fast notetaking, a key skill for personal efficiency in any working environment
- Minute taking and meetings documentation
- Travel itineraries
- Expenses and budgets
- Video and tele-conferencing
- Business English
- Customer service and telephone technique
- Audio transcription.
Personal Development Planning and Career Support:
All students follow a personal job search programme and help with the job application process.
The planning includes:
- Different learning styles and team building
- Personality profiling
- CV analysis, interview technique
- “Which job is right for you?”
Students are introduced to recruitment agencies at the start of the course.
A week long work experience is another key part of this course which takes place during the third term.
Students indicate which business sector they are interested in and the type of roles they would like to try or experience. We are lucky to have such close relationships with recruitment agencies and companies over many years. They really value our students and are keen to help with this essential part of the course. Each student indicates what sort of business and role they would like to try and suitable positions are arranged mainly in London. Some students organise their own placements in Oxford or nearer to home.
Many of our students secure job offers from this week.