We have a long history of producing first class students who very quickly move up the career ladder.
Our history started with St Aldates Secretarial College which was founded in 1976. It expanded rapidly and moved from George Street to Rose Place in the centre of Oxford.
In January 1999 St Aldates Secretarial College acquired Mrs Thomsett’s Secretarial College. They then merged with the Oxford and County Business College.
Founded in 1936, the Oxford and County Business College was a prestigious secretarial school for young women located in St Giles. The College is fondly remembered as the “Ox and Cow”.
This merger in 1999 gave the college the opportunity to re-brand under the new name of Oxford Media & Business School. At the beginning it offered courses for graduates, gap year programmes and the Executive PA Diploma.
In 2019 the Executive PA Diploma was renamed to the one year Professional Business Diploma. The course content was significantly updated to reflect the fast changing pace of the skills required for the world of business and digital marketing technology and trends.
The British Accreditation Council
Oxford Media & Business School is accredited by the British Accreditation Council for Independent and Further and Higher Education.
In May 2014 the College received excellent inspection results from BAC. The summary of the College’s strengths were detailed as:
“Highly skilled, enthusiastic and experienced Principal and administrative staff. Subject content and learning opportunities are based on current industrial and commercial needs. Excellent air-conditioned teaching accommodation, latest facilities and online resources. Excellent website and full use of IT for teaching, administration and records. Close relationships with employment agencies, industry and commerce to place all graduate students in employment with good career prospects. Well equipped, attractive new premises, with enhanced accommodation for students, staff and tutors.”