Kitty joined the Little Houses Group in July 2023 for one week’s work experience. An opportunity that she found on the members portal ‘Noticeboard’, which she highly recommends to other students. After graduating in July, she had some time off before she decided to join the company and take up a permanent position in August.
The exclusive family members club offers parents somewhere that they love visiting just as much as their children do, says founder Charlie Gardiner. “And that is exactly how we want our guests to feel about Jaego’s House, a place that you can all enjoy and have a good time”. The newest club to the group, Jesse’s House located in Parsons Green will offer families an indoor and outdoor swimming pool and is in such demand that membership sold out in just 11 minutes and they have a long celebrity-filled waiting list for places.
Initially employed in the marketing department, she now reports to the membership, and property Directors as well, and, as is often the case with small companies, she is rolling her sleeves up and having a go at everything.
Kitty loves seeing the new venues being brought to life, literally from the ground up. Along with the Director of Property, she often visits Jessie’s House and finds herself talking to contractors, choosing fixtures and fittings, and generally being given the opportunity to become hands-on in the development of the new club. Using the skills she was taught at OMBS, she has pulled together mood boards for the new venues for lighting, mirrors, and furniture, and even researched loo handles, as she rightly points out, “It’s the smallest details that make the biggest impact.”
Kitty’s maturity and fondness for the brand are evident when she describes her role within the organisation. She is knowledgeable and passionate about this fabulous and innovative family members club and nursery. Laughing when remembering her work experience week and the several hours she spent laminating or the numerous laptops she set up, Kitty now feels that she can bring genuine value to the role using the skills she acquired here at OMBS. Skills that set her apart from other graduates.
Some fun facts about Jaego House;
- They work with Award-winning children’s entertainer Action Amanda
- There is a weekly disco for parents and children.
- They coined the phrase ‘Mum Overload’ and offer breakthrough wellness events and sleep therapy sessions to help parents through these tricky times.
- Kitty leads the J-Jog-run club three times a week with fellow teammate Alex, who joins her for a 5k around Kensal Rise.
- The club offers everything from personal training sessions, spinning classes, Pilates, yoga, a workspace, a restaurant, a pizza terrace, a garden, a little one’s area, soft play and there’s even a wine dispensary!
With a long waiting list and a one-in-one-out membership policy, this family members club is set to grow and grow.